Ah, so you were curious about our cry for help!?
Well, without you – the people who come to the festival, who put money in buckets and donate money from their local business – we couldn’t survive.
And after all, it’s YOUR festival.
What do you get for your money and support?
- Nine nights of superb entertainment in venues across Monmouth - last year, this added up to 37 FREE gigs
- Four different venues in which to experience the festival – pub gigs ranging from intimate to rousing; the beautiful acoustics of St Mary’s Church and of course our fabulous outdoor stage
- A brilliant carnival, a real celebration of local businesses and community groups
- Great value for money - you’d usually pay £15 upwards for tickets for the headliners
… and for businesses – publicity in our programme and outdoor screens to raise your profile and get your name in front of tens of thousands of people (40,000 attendances across the week).
How you can help the festival survive
Monmouth Festival is a non-profit making organisation run by local volunteers. It isn’t funded ‘by the council’ – although we occasionally get grants, they’re small, and RARE. Without your donations each night, and the hard work of a small group of dedicated volunteers, the festival would not exist.
It gets harder each year to raise enough money. And the more money we raise, the better the festival. SO if you want YOUR festival to survive and thrive, please:
- Dig deep when someone approaches you with a bucket for a donation – if you can’t afford much, give a £1. If everyone gave a pound even that would help. If you CAN afford to give a little more then please, please think about giving a bit more this year. The occasional fiver rather than your usual couple of pounds? Something bigger if you’re feeling generous?
- Consider donating by PayPal [COMING SOON. Just an extra £10 or £20 will really make a difference.
- If you’re a business, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to say you’re willing to help – either by donating a product or service in kind, or by sponsorship or advertising.
- If you have a particular skill or area of interest, and would like to give something back to your community, let us know. We are ALWAYS are on the look out for volunteers.
The organisation has survived and thrived for 30 years, but each year it is in a vulnerable position. If you want YOUR festival to continue, please BE GENEROUS!
Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Your Monmouth Festival Team